Dragon Chess Camp
Online Camp Information
- Camper Ages: Rising 3rd–9th graders
- Date: August 10–14, 2020
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free!
Camp Learning Tracks
Our camp features three separate learning tracks suited to address each level of chess experience. Choose the track that’s right for you, and we’ll help you on your way to better chess!
- Chess Crash Course: The session is a one-week course designed to help players build a solid chess foundation. Once campers have finished the crash course, they will begin to learn new opening techniques and middlegame strategies.
- Checkmate Clinic: This course is designed to help younger tournament players discover their individual playing styles, as well as learn new ones. While players will develop their opening repertoires, they will also be exposed basic endgames as well.
- Tactical Tune Up: Campers starting out in this session should have already played some tournament games and have a USCF rating of about 800+. In this course, players will learn to enhance their tactical motifs with positional ideas. This class will specifically focus on the importance of space and pawn structures.
Our goal is to help your child master each phase of the game. One-on-one instruction in the Chess Crash Course and Checkmate Clinic sessions will help your child progress quickly through the basic and introductory material with the goal of advancing into a higher session. Tactical Tune Up campers will spend a portion of each day playing, reviewing and analysing games.
How to Register
- Fill out this forum to register: registration
- Though this camp is free, we encourage you to donate to COVID-19 relief foundations: United Way
Dragon Chess Camp FAQ
- How will we get the links for the zoom sessions?
They will be sent to the emails that you provided when you registered.
- How will we get information about the online chess software and how to use it?
An email will be sent to you with either specific instructions or a video of how to use the platform.
- What is the cost of this camp?
This is a free camp.
A Typical Day at Online Dragon Chess Summer Camp
|Actual camp schedule varies slightly each day.
|9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
||Classes: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Classes
|1:30 - 2:15 PM
||Lunch Break: Students have a short break for lunch
|2:15 - 3:15 PM
||Dragon chess game : G30 - On an online chess software
|3:15 - 4:15 PM
||Special Tournament: On an online chess software